Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Theme...

Are there teachers out there who change the theme of their rooms yearly?  For a few years I used a modified 'bee' theme.   This past year I used 'wild about 4th grade'...a jungle theme. 

Since I have been out of school for 3 days...I've had a break and I'm thinking about next year.  I love the owls from kpm doodles and plan to use them in an owl theme.  'Who's Reading' is the idea I have for sharing AR points.
I have a tree where each student will have an owl.  For every 10 AR points students will get a bead to put on a chain which will hang from their owl (pictures to follow this fall).  The chain & beads are theirs at the end of school.  I had a few students wear theirs at the end of this school year.
Anyone else thinking about next fall...all ready? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya! I'm totally planning next year out in my head. :). I'm your newest follower. :) I found you via your comment on Dilly Dally's blog. It's nice to meet ya!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete